The time of preparing for Christmas is one of my favorite things.
There are so many things to do to get ready, not to mention all the opportunities to become closer with those who are near and dear to us.
I want to soak up every bit of Christmas cheer and I cannot imagine anything better than sharing it with someone else.
Here are some ideas of things to do together while preparing for the holidays.
1. Make a Christmas countdown calendar or paper chain.
2. Pick up some hot chocolate and tour the neighborhood to view the decorations.
3. Put on a Christmas CD and have a dance party in your living room.
4. Go Christmas shopping for a charity.
5. Make Christmas candies.
6. Bundle up and go ice-skating.
7. Cut out paper snowflakes and decorate.
8. Go to a live performance of the Nutcracker or Handel’s Messiah.
9. Write Christmas letters to deployed service men and women.
10. Build a snowman…get creative if there’s no snow.
11. Have a wrapping contest and see who is the most creative and can wrap the hardest thing.
12. Bake a new Christmas cookie recipe.
13. Write each other’s Christmas lists then swap and see how many are correct.
14. Collect your spare change and go around town donating it to Salvation Army.
15. Dress up and set the table for a fancy dinner in.
16. Make a gingerbread house.
17. Go to a local choir’s Christmas performance.
18. Have a Christmas movie marathon.
19. Visit the local Christmas displays around town.
20. Stay in the Christmas spirit, visit the stores to buy decoration on sale and decorate more!
21. Create a Christmas playlist of your favorite tunes.
22. Visit a nursing home and spread Christmas cheer.
23. Make a Christmas List of immaterial wishes for family and friends.
24. Share your favorite memories from Christmases past, expectations for the Christmas present, and dreams of Christmases yet to come.
25. Read the true story of Christmas by the fire.
Now the question is, which to do first?
What are some of your favorite things to do around the holidays?