Friday, October 4, 2013

7 Quick Takes or September in Review Volume 18

It has been a good long while since I’ve linked up with Jen for a round of Quick Takes. No real reason, just living life. So let’s get down to it; on to the seven highlights of the past month!
 
---1---
 
 
My brother-in-law’s family hosts a barn dance each fall. This is the first time I have ever been able to go. Many of the ladies were all dolled up in their traditional barn dance dresses with petticoats and boots, and gents donned their plaid and hats. If you ever have the opportunity to go to a dance with an actual caller, leave all your physical education nightmares behind, and give it a try. It was such fun!
 
---2---
 
 
Johnny Appleseed is a big deal here. We celebrate John Chapman’s contribution to the mid-west each year with a festival in his honor. In addition to providing multitudes of apple dishes, everything at the festival is as close to being made as it would have been in the 1800’s as possible. I was so happy to be able to go. We enjoyed dining on buffalo burgers, funnel cake and sarsaparilla, feeling every alpaca wool scarf and blanket, listening to the militia band and the Civil War canon and army drill displays. All in the most perfect fall weather. It is, by far, one of my favorite things of fall.


Sarsaparilla- before I spilled it all over myself and the interior of the car.


 ---3---
 
Baby season has begun!  Six of the eleven wonderful additions expected by family and friends have arrived; four within the last few weeks! I was especially blessed to get to meet and hold the children of two dear friends within a week of their birth. So far the girls are in the lead, five to one! Oddly enough, I have found myself liking more of the boy clothes that I have seen than the girls.
---4---
 
The zoo is always a favorite. I was able to join my nieces and nephews for a fall day trip. I know that the zoo must close for the animals’ safety, but I really wish they had an indoor winter option. I would come.

The most exotic animals we can see from the train ride and someone saying "hello."
---5---
 
Sometimes I have this great desire to be very domestic and cook. Sometimes I get carried away and make four different recipes in an evening. Sometimes I forget how to cook for fewer people than seven and cook enough food to feed a small army. Sometimes I end up eating the same thing all week. Sometimes would be this week.
---6---
 
Dear Weather,
You have been perfect. You’ve had a couple days, but that’s okay. It happens to the best of us. Just know that you are appreciated for all the good you do. Keep it up!
Love, Christina
---7---
 
P.S. Please, tell those daunting rain clouds that showed up as I wrote this to go away. Today should look something like this:


Have a wonderful weekend!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...