Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Mock Oatmeal

Holiday season is on us in full force. I love food, especially during the holidays when even the broccoli side has meaning, because grandma would always serve it with Christmas dinner. But let's be real; with all the opportunities to indulge it is too easy to get sidetracked and have the seasonal recipes attack our waistlines.

Every diet plan I have read emphasizes the importance of breakfast. I have found this to be true; my whole day seems off when I skip breakfast. I also notice a difference between starting the day off with protein versus sugary carbs. So to be proactive while surrounded by Holiday Goodies, I am making the extra effort to ensure a good start to my day and rotating between a protein shake, eggs, or this Mock Oatmeal.




2 Tbs. Chia Seeds
2 Tbs. Flaxseed
3 Tbs. Unsweetened Coconut
2/3 cup of hot water (boiled)
4 Tbs. Almond Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Dash of Cinnamon

Mix the chia, flax and coconut in a bowl.
Pour the water, almond milk, and vanilla into the dry ingredients. Cover and let sit for a few minutes Add cinnamon and toppings of choice. Stevia can be used to sweeten, I prefer berries.




Waltzing In Beauty



  Please remember your lovely posts will be shared on our thirteen blogs and we would love it if you would return the favor and link back to us (you can grab the button above).  By linking back you'll have the opportunity to be featured in our feature posts and Pinterest board here

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...