Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Smiles Volume 5 Guest Post


Happy Monday everyone!

As this goes live I will be preparing to take the first part of my final exam.  The second and final part will take place Wednesday afternoon.  While I am busy typing away, Emily, over at Raising Barnes, graciously accepted to fill in for this week's edition of Monday Smiles.  I am so happy to have her as a guest again, especially since she supported me so wholeheartedly when I mentioned the idea for this series way back when we started blogging.
Thanks Emily!

Because the ultimate cure for the Monday blues is 
something that will make you smile and grateful for what you have.  
These things make me smile and hopefully they will make you smile too.
What makes you smile today?

The Frog

Hello to Christina’s beautiful readers!  I’m so happy to be joining you here at Waltzing in Beauty today as our fearless leader gets her last minute cramming in before she begins her grad school exams.  Join me in saying a little prayer for her - we’re all cheering for you, honey! 

I was so honored when Christina asked me to contribute a Monday Smiles post.  I know this undertaking has been important for her as a way to learn to embrace the things we like the least, especially Mondays.  So, I took a good long time to decide what I could contribute.  Finally, I settled upon The Frog.  

Now, I’m sure you’re thinking, “Wow, this chick is crazy.  Christina has weird friends.”  I’m not going to deny that I am a bit weird, but I promise you that there is more to this little plastic guy than meets the eye.  Let me tell you his story.

It all started one spring evening, when I decided my husband and I needed a date out of the house.  So mini golf and arcade time it was!  At the end of the evening, it was time to take our tickets to the counter and pick out our prizes.  My pick was colored gel that tries to be play-doh, but is never as cool.  When we got home, we realized that there was a little animal figurine hidden in the middle of the pile of goo.  That’s when we first met The Frog. 

For a long time, I forgot about that frog.  But, every once in a while, he would make an appearance in odd places - usually my bathroom counter.  Soon, it became a game between my husband and I.  And, now that we’ve moved into our house with a nice big bathroom, the game is on full force.  


Here are the rules: When it’s your turn, you hide the frog somewhere, preferably some place sneaky, within the confines of the bathroom.  Of course, you have to hide it with the hope that the other person will eventually find him.  Sometimes, it’s somewhere obvious like the hand soap pump.  Other times, it’s some place more sneaky, like hidden within the hand towel. 

 

We never really talk about The Frog.  He’s just a part of our routine.  Even typing it out now, it sounds pretty ridiculous.  But, that’s okay.  It’s something cheesy and fun that my husband and I do “together.”  And, honestly, anytime that little guy shows up on my side of the bathroom, he brings a smile to my face.  


Thanks, Emily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...