Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Five Favorites Volume 11

Here's a hodge-podge of things I am loving this week.
 
---1---
 
Does my favoriting this product imply what kind of week I am having?  I have tried a couple other brands of dry shampoo and they did the job, but the overpowering fragrances left me with itchy eyes and headaches. I was first introduced to this brand by a ballroom dance friend that swore by their hairspray (it really does hold your hair perfectly when out on the dance floor). When I saw they had a dry shampoo I decided to give it a shot and have been impressed. It absorbs the oil and adds volume so your hair doesn't go limp and looks like you just styled it. I have even used it as a texturizer when I'm teasing my hair to make it last longer.
 
via
 
---2---
 
On my sister's recommendation I purchased this wristlet. I love it! During the week I use it mostly as a wallet. With plenty of room to hold my car keys and phone, I often grab it and leave my larger purse in the car when running a quick errand. On the weekend it often becomes my clutch purse for events that do not demand my planner, work badges, and other information be with me at all times.
I bought it in Provencal and loved it so much that I already added a second pattern to my collection.
 
via
 
---3---
 
Les Miserables has been on my reading list for ages. When a franchise bookstore went out of business here, I snagged a book on tape version. Over a year later I finally popped the first cd into my player. My commute to work has drastically improved and my business trips are no longer dreaded.
 
---4---
 
This quote really struck me this week. It is so simple and yet strikes up a good deal of thought.
 
via
 
---5---
 
Combined with a couple comments from some special people and Anna's Corilynn giveaway last week, I have been inspired and doing some re-thinking about what I wear. I own a lot of dresses and skirts and used to dress up more often. I felt better about myself, pretty and confident, so I am returning to that. This photo is my style inspiration.
 

Pencil_Stripe4-510x652
via

Now hop on over to visit lovely Hallie for more Five Favorites this week!
Have a great rest of the week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...