Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Smiles Volume 19

 
 
These words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. have always struck me. Darkness being a complete lack of light is a fact few would deny. This idea of something being the complete lack of another, however, is not daily fare (unless, of course, you are philosophically inclined). The juxtaposition of darkness and light with hate and love sends the deep message that hate is a complete lack of love.
 
I have noticed the saying, "Comparison is the thief of joy" circling social media lately. It is such a valid point that when you are too busy comparing yourself to others you are robbed of the joy in yourself.
 
These two thoughts hit a deep chord in me today. This is my one hundred and first post on this dear old blog. When I first realized this I was excited to have come so far. Then I did the math; 101 posts in almost a year, that means I only post less than 30% of the time, so many other bloggers do so much more, bloggers that started after me do so much more... My milestone did not seem so special anymore, until I reminded myself of why I started blogging to begin with and combined these two thoughts:
 
 Comparison cannot drive out dissatisfaction or insecurities, only joy can do that.
 
So today, I am choosing joy and celebrating my little personal victory.
And that is something to be smiling about, even on a dreary winter Monday.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...