Monday, May 12, 2014

Becoming My Mother

Last week, Kendra posed the question in her Answer Me This link - up:
 
Are you becoming your mother?
 
This got me thinking - how would I answer this question?
 
Yes.
No.
Hopefully so.
 
The older I get and the closer the possibility of having my own family becomes,
the more I find myself saying things
or viewing things the same way as my mother.

She shows up everywhere -

I cannot imagine a house without a room painted pale blue.
My favorite clothes she either picked out or it's a style she recommended.
Silverware goes in the dishwasher pointing up.
I cannot change my hairstyle without her input.
And when things get rough,
I go back to the truths she taught me to hold onto.
 
This is not a bad thing.
In fact, it is a good thing.
My mother has such great insight and love
that to mirror her in any way is a wonderful compliment.
 
Yesterday was a good reminder of this blessing.
Watching some old classic films highlighting mothers
(although several of the films made me think it was a marathon on horrible daughters)
I realized even more how blessed I am to have a good relationship with my mom
and to have her example to help guide me to virtue.

Today I can count my lucky stars
to have so many great examples of motherhood in my family,


Fortunately, the women in my family also have some physical resemblances.

but most especially my marvelous mom.

What makes you smile today?

Hugs,
Christina
 
Because the ultimate cure for the Monday blues is 
something that will make you smile and grateful for what you have.  
These things make me smile and hopefully they will make you smile too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...