Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Date Night Photo Book Gift Idea - Part of the What I Wish I Knew Before I Got Married Series

Hi!  I'm Katie - a wife, stay at home mom to 2 little ones, and one half of the sister duo at Sweet Little Ones - a blog where we love to share about faith, motherhood, DIY projects, recipes, crafts and everything inbetween.

I'm so happy to be a part of Christina's marriage series! I am going to be sharing some of our favorite date night ideas and a fun way to document them!


After we got married (and especially after we had kids), we realized we didn't take pictures of just the two of us anymore. So, for Christmas last year, I made a Date Night Photo Book as a gift for my husband John. If you are in a pinch for an anniversary, birthday, or Christmas gift - this is really easy and cheap to make! All you need is:



- Photo Album
- Paper to write ideas on
- Gift cards

Write out your date night idea on the paper, and place the idea in the photo album sleeve. I found an album with 52 slots - so one date night per week. The dates can be anything - staying at home, going out to dinner, whatever you and your mate like to do! :)  I also got several small gift cards and placed those in the sleeves along with the date idea. Some gift cards ideas would be: Redbox, ice cream parlor, Barnes and Noble, fast food restaurants, theatre tickets...I tried to keep them at $10 or under.

Every week, we pick an idea out of our album and take a picture of us during the date. I like to write a little note on the back of the picture too. :)  It's so nice to be going out on dates again, and I love having pictures of the two of us too!



Some fun ideas to put in your book would be: Vegas night at home, going out to a new restaurant, making pizzas together, playing Minute to Win It games, or making s'mores around the bonfire. Most of our dates are done after our kids' bedtime with things we already have at home - we just jazz them up a bit! :) If you'd like more ideas of what's in our album, you can find them here!

What are your favorite ways to date your spouse?



6 comments:

  1. One of the best ideas I've ever read! Love! Doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and practical way to spend time together. I use to put ideas in a jar and he got to pick from them. One of the kids got to it and shredded them, that was the end of that. I guess they didn't want us to go out. I tried!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! We do weekly date nights and it would be fun to document them with a photo every week!

    http://comehomeforcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!! Definitely making one for my husband & I!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously such a fun idea! I have recently thought the same thing that my hubby and I don't have very many pictures together. I am SO making this for Christmas this year! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea! I've not really thought about not having photos of just the two of us after kids, so I think I'll make a point to do this in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...