Friday, December 18, 2015

Overcoming Holiday Overwhelm Part Two

As I waded through the overwhelmed mess I created, 
I found a lot of posts from women working through the same thing.
What a relief to know that I wasn't alone!
In them I found support, things to reflect upon, and practical solutions.
 
Here are some of my favorites.
 
by Ruthie at Rear. Release. Regroup.

Dear Mom, it's not as bad as you think! All those years of wiping snotty noses and scrubbing dirty floors counts in your faithfulness. God is using you, little eyes are watching you. Even though you don' think what you do matters - it does.
 
Are you tired, dear mom?
I am.
Who puts these expectations on me, anyway?
Not God.
(Insert “L” with thumb and forefinger on forehead now.)

 
by Jenna at Mama Needs Coffee

advent series

I preface with these details because, gentle reader, it will be critical for your own seasonal satisfaction that you do what works for your family in the season that you are in, now. Not the season you wish you were in.

 
by Bonnie at A Knotted Life
 

I don't care what you do in your home to celebrate the holy days and seasons. I really don't. And I don't care what you think of what we do in our home. I really don't. I care about what we do.
And I think you should care about what you do. 

 
by Keri at Living in this Season

http://i0.wp.com/livinginthisseason.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Avoid-Christmas-Burnout.jpg

I have quickly ended up half way through December exhausted and desperately seeking calm in the midst of my Christmas burnout meltdown. This year, I have been determined to avoid the burnout.

My heart and mind wants the calm and the peace

 
by Patty at A Modern Grace


Sometimes it is so easy in life to get caught up in the mindless or worrying about getting everything off the to-do list done. When I notice myself starting to do that,

I miss the precious opportunity of the present day in front of me.

 
 by Emily at Morning Motivated Mom
 
Get Organized this Christmas
 
I can encourage you to step back and focus on what matters the most. While it can be easy to get caught up in the busyness of the season, I have found that planning ahead and staying organized minimizes the stress.

*** Use Code: CHRISTMAS2015 by 12-31-15 for $2.00 off your purchase of $5.00 or more.***


by Callie at Through Clouded Glass

 
I would wager it is impossible to be stressed out while singing a Christmas carol. I don't have any research to back me up, but stress and singing carols have never co-existed for me yet.
I would wager it is impossible to be stressed out while singing a Christmas carol.  I don't have any research to back me up, but stress and singing carols have never co-existed for me yet. - See more at: http://www.throughcloudedglass.com/2015/12/five-ways-to-de-stress-during-christmas.html#sthash.YO3K87kT.dpuf
I would wager it is impossible to be stressed out while singing a Christmas carol.  I don't have any research to back me up, but stress and singing carols have never co-existed for me yet. - See more at: http://www.throughcloudedglass.com/2015/12/five-ways-to-de-stress-during-christmas.html#sthash.YO3K87kT.dpuf

 
 by Elizabeth at This Little Home of Mine (previously All Kinds of Things)
 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhC2nmYboMesBssPqJjG56ECXx7Wp_58E9T89NewwFjvD1II0vfzORkAA6alREqI2MIfN7PbEjw4cKJmCF9gNYKyVDJnzc-NMtjY45kglOhdmfr6AKNHtshz7bCFc6E9amb8O9_M6Pz-og/s1600/tension+at+the+holidays1.jpg
 
I want my children to know and understand the reason why He came, and I want them to live each day with that truth driving everything they do. I want them to understand that the holidays can be a very painful time for some families. I want them to be compassionate...

 
by Valerie at Cord of 6

Tis the Season to be Patient

To be honest, when I peel back the layers and take an uncomfortable look at myself I see a woman who is striving to be good enough. Striving to keep up with my own lofty expectations of myself.


I hope these posts help you through this final week before Christmas
and in daily life beyond!

Happy Advent!
Christina

2 comments:

  1. Wow Christina!! Thank you for including me in this round-up, that is so sweet of you!!!!
    Wishing a happy, holy Advent:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including me in this roundup! So sweet- have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...