Tuesday, December 22, 2015

2015 Blogger Year in Review

2015 has been a wonderful year.
There is much to be grateful for and this space is one of them.
Looking back at the blog this year, 
I couldn't resist sharing some of the highlights and personal triumphs of Waltzing in Beauty 2015!


Meeting Blogging Goals

Throughout 2015 I took several times to step back and evaluate what I wanted for the blog.
I'll be honest, it even included thoughts of shutting down.
I made a list of some practical and purpose driven goals, prioritized them, 
and narrowed them down/re-evaluated them several times throughout the year.
I'm happy to report that I was able to meet my top two:

1. Consistency
My goal was to share an equal numbers of posts for the number of weeks in the month.
Only one month fell short, but overall I have more posts than there are weeks in the year.
Doing the 7 in 7 challenge was a big step for me.

2. Community
Commenting more, building relationships with other bloggers, guest posting and hosting guests, etc.
All of these were a big part of my goal to build and be part of community.


Favorite Posts

Some give me a sense of accomplishment, others were fun to write, 
and then there's the handful that are purely sentimental.
Here are some of my favorite posts that I wrote in 2015: 

A Minute of Purpose

Sweaters Knit from Memories

Lessons Last Year's Lent Taught Me

Spouse Interviews

Football Fashion for Tailgate Tuesday

Pumpkins


Guest Posts

I have had guest authors in the past, but I had done very little in the area of giving back.
This year, I've been able to guest author for others, 
as well as participate in surveys and questionnaires for some post research.
Honestly, some of these have been my favorite posts!

Disappearing Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas 
for Monica at A Beautiful Mess

Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers - Mexican or Italian Style
for Emily at Raising Barnes

What I Never Knew About Being an Aunt
for Callie at Through Clouded Glass


 What I Wish I Knew Before I Got Married: Reflections and Advice Celebrating Marriage

I love Guest Post series!
And I loved each of the posts I was blessed to share through this series in July.
I'm still so humbled by the participation of these 21 ladies!


Tuesday Talk

I saved the best for last!
Joining Tuesday Talk as a co-hostess has played a large part in my blogging journey this year.

It came about suddenly and right before my wedding.
Great timing right?
I remember questioning myself a ton about what I was doing,
especially since I had given myself permission to post an 
"I'll be back in a few months (if ever)" sign on the blogs window. 
I'm so glad I jumped in.

The girls are supportive, positive, and genuinely care.
They are also super smart when it comes to everything Blog related.
This opportunity opened the door to so many relationships.
I can't express how grateful I am for this.
Linking up with Beth and Stephanie for 2015 Blogger Year in Review.

 

Do you have a blog?
What were some of your blogger highlights?
 Share in the comments or 
link up a post of your own to 2015 Blogger Year in Review and Tuesday Talk!




Waltzing In Beauty



 
Check out the Tuesday Talk guidelines here.
Your blog is being shared on our 13 blogs and we would love it if you would return the favor and link back to us (you can grab the button above). By linking back you'll have the opportunity to be featured in our feature posts and pinterest board here
 

Beth - Our Pretty Little Girls ~ Michelle - Grammie Time 
Keri - Living In This Season  ~ Christina - Waltzing In Beauty  
Lauren - Simply Elliot ~  Becky - BYBMG 
Jess and Katie - Sweet Little Ones ~ Whitney - Polka Dotty Place  
Laura - Life Is Beautiful ~ Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things 
Sarah - Abiding In Grace ~ Stephanie - Wife Mommy Me  




 

2 comments:

  1. You had a great year. Even though you thought of shutting down. I can't tell you how many times I've said that. Even now, I wonder what I'm actually doing here. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and so happy to be doing Tuesday Talk with you again come 2016. Keep blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we all have thoughts of shutting down at times. it's fun to look back on the year and see it all in review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...