Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Five Favorites: Father's Day Edition Volume 6

It’s Wednesday already and Father’s Day is just around the corner.  When it comes to presents for dads, or men in general, I often feel stumped.  My standby has always been to find something related to their interests and something that I find nice or intriguing that just may become a new interest.  Inspired by my daddy, here are my five favorites for Father's Day gift giving.

1.  Badminton is a family favorite summer past time.  We inherited our love from our dad.  The rules are not complicated, if you choose to play by them, and it’s just as entertaining to try for the longest volley.

http://img.howcast.com/thumbnails/191172/play_badminton_xxxlarge.jpg
via
 
2.  The traditional tie is a great gift for the business man that has the opportunity to wear them on a daily basis.  Despite the fact my dad only wears ties on special occasions, he has quite the collection of cartoon decorated neck gear (one year he asked for a “nice” tie for Christmas…I think we spent more on the silk snowman tie to place on top of the traditional red and blue model that fit the request).  Truth be told, he does wear all of his ties eventually.  Even if some of them are worn with scrubs on a holiday to put a smile on a patient’s face.  This tie is a great combination of fun and serious.  From far away it appears to be nothing special, but up close everyone will know that someone thinks this guy is tops.

Superman Blue Logo Print Tie
via

3.  Keeping with the saying that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, a family meal has always been the focus on Father’s Day.  Ironically this generally involves a meal grilled by my dad (my first couple attempts at grilling involved raw and blackened meat, a dog and bird poop…yes).  A friend of mine gifted her husband this sweet flipper for Valentine’s Day and I think it’s fantastic.

We flippin love you - (will not be shipped in time for Father's Day) hand stamped stainless steel spatula for BBQ or cooking in the kitchen
via

4.  My dad spends a good amount of time in the car at all hours of the day.  Instead of purchasing him books to read in his free time, we have purchased books on tape for a little variety on his commute.  You can find some read by famous performers which only add to the experience.  Edgar Allen Poe read by Vincent Price and Basil Rathbone- yes, please.

via
5.  I think most men would agree that they do not tire of their favorite team’s paraphernalia.  If they do, they hide it well.  Sometimes the ridiculousness of the item makes the gift the best, but finding a nice item that has a purpose in addition to hailing the alma mater is always nice.  From what I can tell, no one makes collegiate pie plates.  Someone should, because I have a pie to go in it.

Haha :)
Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...