Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Smiles

Because the ultimate cure for the Monday blues is 
something that will make you smile and grateful for what you have.  
These things make me smile and hopefully they will make you smile too.


Polka Dots


black Michael Miller fabric white polka dots
via

I love polka dots.

I do.

They make me happy.

Why?  They just do... 

That's the easy answer;  try again.

Polka dots are playful.

Can you imagine a dull polka dot? 
I didn't think so.

The colors of the dots and background only add to the playfulness of the pattern.
Contrasting colors like white on black, complimentary colors like orange on blue, and shades like lilac on lavender, you name it, the options are endless.

Polka dotted items are the things that make me stop in my tracks, turn around and take another look when I am walking through a store.
Now, throwing polka dots on something does not make it instantly better, 
but polka dots done well?

Polka dots done well shout out:
"Look at me!  I'm colorful!  I'm fun!  I'm cute and adorable! 
Take me home with you!"
Polka dots only speak in exclamations.  

It's hard to argue with such a peppy pattern.
 
original source unknown

via


via

via

via    

Courtesy of The Busy Budgeting Mama

I also imagine some polka dots speaking with a plethora of  P's
like Pippi the personal assistant from Mr. Popper's Penguins.
Light purple on pink ones to be exact.
I know...

via

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...