Saturday, February 7, 2015

7 on 7 in 7

We made it!
This is my 7th post for our 7 in 7 challenge!

7in7_llwib

I am so glad Lindsay and I teamed up to support and challenge each other this week.
Not only did I enjoy writing more, the community from the support of friends, 
and sense of accomplishment, but I also learned a lot.
I hope you have enjoyed it too.

If you blog (or use any form of social media really), 
I highly recommend you try doing a mini-challenge like this.
 Here are seven reasons why:

1. Practice makes perfect.
 This was a big one for me.
The more you practice a skill the easier it becomes and the more you grow.
Writing in spurts with long breaks in between is something I know hampered my blogging last year. This challenge helped me hit the ground running (Have you ever wondered where this saying came from? Something I need to look up later).

2.
Builds confidence.
Flowing from #1, the more you do something the more your confidence will grow.

3. Builds discipline.
I know that many of my resolutions that I do not break down into smaller steps end up being abandoned because I got through week one.
Then the doubts creep in and motivation waivers.
Limiting the challenge to a week makes the task more manageable.
Planning to be able to achieve my week's goal taught me some of the discipline I needed to continue on after the challenge.
4. Edits and generates ideas.
The more I wrote the more ideas came to me.
As my list of ideas grew I felt empowered to edit out the ho-hum ones 
and dig deeper for the topics that excite and inspire me. 

5. Nips perfectionism in the bud.
I cannot tell you how often I have started a post, or maybe wrote the whole thing,
and walked away frustrated because I could not express my idea perfectly. 
The deadline pushed me a little more to get over myself and share even if it wasn't perfect.
Allowing myself to post seven times within seven days instead of once every day was very freeing. I could forgive myself for not posting on Tuesday and move forward without being bogged down by guilt or embarassment for missing a day.

6. Builds community.
Having you all cheering me on, commenting and sharing my work has been so amazing!
I am so grateful for each of you and for the opportunity blogging brings for connecting us.
I also have to give a shout out to Lindsay. She is such an amazing cheerleader. It has been such a blessing to continue to grow in our friendship through this challenge.

7. It is fun.
I enjoy writing. Spending this week focused on writing was refreshing.
It was like a break from the daily grind. 
It reminded me that this blog is a hobby and if it becomes work, what is the point?

A fun reward at the end to celebrate is also a bonus.
Time for a little movie viewing for me!

Let me know if you decide to do your own challenge.
I'd love to be your cheerleader.

Hugs, 
Christina

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo! Congratulations! I'm so glad we made it. That is an excellent list of the fruits of this challenge. I've taken the perfectionism one to heart especially. I have so many post ideas that *were* great and timely, but are now stale and old. I might yet be able to breathe new life into them, but that wistfulness has made me much better about JUST POSTING. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...