Friday, March 22, 2013

7 Quick Takes or Highlights from a Week of Mondays Volume 7

TGIF!  One thing I appreciate about Jen's Quick Takes link up is the opportunity to remember the good parts of the week.  It reminds me how blessed I truly am.  So here are the highlights from my otherwise week of Mondays.

1.  This weekend two of my sisters and I planned a triple date with our boyfriends.  A good friend of mine was performing in a local production of The Drowsy Chaperone.  I was unfamiliar with this musical, but had heard good reviews.  It is super cute!  If you love musicals, like I do, you will appreciate the excitement of "The Man in the Chair" as he listens to his favorite musical The Drowsy Chaperone which comes to life in his apartment to cure his blues.  My favorite song, An Accident Waiting to Happen, was performed by my friend while he roller-skated blindfolded and described how his normal debonair self becomes a klutz when he's near his beloved.  Super cute feel good show :)

2.  A local furniture store was having a half off sale and I came home with this lovely accent table.



3.  Favorite quote of the week:

"Caring, protecting, demands goodness, it calls for a certain tenderness...which is not the virtue of the weak but rather a sign of strength of spirit and a capacity for concern, for compassion, for genuine openness to others, for love. We must not be afraid of goodness, of tenderness!" 

4.  I was recently introduced to the Moxie Wife and her Five Favorite Wednesday link up.  My plan to join in this week didn't work out, but I would have included my current go to earrings.

Rain Drops ...on roses and whiskers on kittens...

5.  My youngest nephew began walking this week!  Witnessing my nieces and nephews grow each day is such a beautiful gift.  So proud of the little guy.

6.  Remember to enter the Lia Sophia giveaway I'm sponsoring over at the Happiest Mommy on the Block.  Just like Melinda's facebook page and answer the question: What makes you feel beautiful?  Check out her guest post on my blog too!


7.  Happy Birthday (a day early) to my wonderful mom!  My mom is the best!  She doesn't mind a bit that we're hosting a bridal shower for my sister on her special day.  Can't wait to share the details next week!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...