Tuesday, March 5, 2013

B is for

Boy.
This is the long story short of why I refer to my boyfriend as B on the blog.

Birthday.
Henri Nouwen said that birthdays give the people around us a chance to say, "Thank you for being!"  They are a time to remember, "that what is important is not what we do or accomplish, not what we have or who we know, but that we are, here and now."  It's this reason that I love birthdays (Yes, I greatly appreciate most holidays).  I truly enjoy being able to share with the people I love how much they mean to me.

Today just so happens to be about both. 

So without sounding too cheesey, I'd like to say thank you to my guy.

Thank you for the laughter.

Thank you for always saving me a dance, or three.

Thank you for letting me be a nerd and showing me what being a nerd really means.

Thank you for being so patient and waiting for me.
Classic story of boy meets girl, boy asks girl out, girl says no, boy and girl become friends, boy and girl date other people- nothing works out, boy is always there for girl, boy decides not to move away because of girl, girl is happy, boy asks girl out again, girl says maybe, girl says yes...

Thank you for supporting me and always being there.

Thank you for respecting and valuing my faith.

Thank you for telling me I'm beautiful.


Thank you for being you.

 
 
 Happy birthday, Sweetheart!



 






 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...