Friday, March 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes or Two for One Volume 4

Seeing as I missed linking up with Jen last week, you get the (hopefully) limited edition version of two weeks in one 7 Quick Takes post.

1.   Last week’s hiatus was brought to you by a week of polar opposites.  The beginning of the week was spent in bed with a cold.  Calling my illness a cold seems like an understatement.  It’s like calling a cougar a kitten.   I was miserable.  Although I’m a good deal better this week, I still have some lingering symptoms.  Take care of yourself and loved ones this season!

2.   The end of the week was spent dancing.  For the past several years I have participated in the Indiana Challenge dance competition.  I always look forward to spending the weekend with my dance family, cheering each other on as we compete, and watching many other talented dancers.  I’ll be sharing more about the weekend soon.

3.   This weekend gave me the perfect opportunity to bust out some new Lia Sophia items.  This month Lia Sophia is offering our hostesses some exclusive pieces to purchase.  All five of these items are gorgeous and the hostess bonus price makes them a steal.  I am drawn to classic and sophisticated pieces, just like these.  I know that these will be items in my jewelry box that I will go back to all the time. 
 
 
See something you love? 
 
4.   One of the things I love the most about the dance studio I go to is the generosity and kindness of the staff.  The Easter Seals Arc of Northeast Indiana offers services to children and adults with special needs and their families.  Our studio partners with this community and teaches a weekly class, as well as, participating in the local Special Olympics.  I began volunteering as a united dancer last summer.  Due to my schedule I had to take some time off this fall, but I was excited to go back and attend the lesson this week. 

5.   My family celebrated my grandfather’s 90th birthday yesterday.  It was so nice to be able to celebrate with all of his children, half the grandchildren, and many great grandchildren.  We went all out with cake, cupcakes, pies, ice cream and fortune cookies for the occasion.
 
 
6.   Have you joined Anna and Hilary and their Encourage Beauty campaign?  All you have to do is commit to encouraging another woman in a small way for each day for the month of March.  That's just 31 compliments that we think but don't always say.  The simplicity of the campaign adds to the inspiring message.  Hop on over to In Honor of Design and Dean Street Society to read the whole story behind this great idea.  Here are the two parts of the manifesto they posted.
 

 
7.   It's March 1st!  We made it through a whole month of blogging!  Thanks for your support and comments.  They mean a lot to me.  Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...