Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

My father is a doctor.  His hours are long, irregular and limit the time he has to be with us.  I have a lot to be grateful for because of him.  There are the many big things- a roof over my head, food, clothes, education, and life, but then there are even more little things.  Here's a list of some of those small and yet special things.

Because of him,
 
I can woo nerds with my knowledge of Star Trek and science fiction.
Aren't you impressed?
 
I know that Tommy cannot hear, speak, see and yet still plays a mean pinball.
After years of listening to the Who's Tommy album in the car with my dad it finally dawned on me what the song Pinball Wizard was about.  I then was silly enough to ask how someone who could not hear, speak, or see could play pinball.  Hence, the plot of the entire rock opera.
 
I thoroughly enjoy the hood and body that house the mysterious car engine.
One thing I will always remember doing with my dad is going to look at cars in dealers lots and to the local classic car auction.
 
I know, "catch as catch can," is what's for dinner.
I had never heard this saying from anyone other than my dad until my boss said it one day.  Must be a New York/New Jersey thing.
 
I can rely on a GPS to get me out of the parts of town where I "should roll the windows up, not talk to anyone, and most importantly not stop."
I was given this advice when I found myself lost on the street where there had been two shootings a few nights before, my GPS was ordered the next day and received that Christmas.
 
I know that real men are not afraid to watch romantic movies and admit to enjoying them.
Does this need an explanation?
 
I had the best date to sophomore formal.
He's an excellent dancer :)


Happy birthday, Daddy.  I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...