Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Smiles

I dislike Mondays. 

Dislike is an understatement. 

I dislike Mondays with a passion.

Non mi piace il Lunedi.
Saying it in Italian sounds more emphatic.

I would say hate, but then my mother's voice comes into my head reminding me that hate is the complete absence of anything good and there is good in everything.

I should not let Mondays get me down as much as I do.  They can get me into a funk that creeps into my Sunday evening, takes all the productivity out of the day itself and leaves Tuesday to pick up the pieces.  Even if the only good thing I can find about Monday, itself, is that it will be a whole week of days before it is Monday again (a la Pollyanna's take on Sundays), there are plenty of good and lovely things in life that I enjoy and I can enjoy them on a Monday.

Someone once wrote down a list of things that make me smile and told me to focus on those things when things got rough.  I carry that list in my wallet.  It makes me smile every time I see it.  I am still learning to think about that list when I am down, but when I follow through, it helps.  I recommend it. 

I started this blog to write about enjoying the beautiful gift of life, finding joy in the little things, and that is what I am going to do.  This here, little blog and I are going to make a preemptive strike on Mondays.  From now on, I am going to use Monday as an opportunity to highlight something that makes me smile.  It can be an object, idea, memory, anything.  Only criteria; it has to make me smile.

Visit next week for the first real edition. 

Now for the tough part, what to write about first?

2 comments:

  1. Saying it in Italian *does* sound more emphatic! I love it. Is it weird that I kind of can't wait for Monday to roll around again just so I can make this beautiful Italian declaration? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! I am excited for a Monday as well! I've been thinking of doing this series since I started blogging. After a lovely case of the Mondays this week, I decided that now was the time.

      Thank you, thank you, thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...