Friday, January 3, 2014

A Word To Live By

My resolution for 2014 is one word:

 
Joy is not about feeling "goody, goody gumdrops" all the time.
I think we forget that, I know I forget that.

Joy is a gift. 

It is a result of the choices we make. 
Just like love, joy is a choice. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day.
 
Joy comes from choosing:
 
to do the right thing without looking for acclaim.
to love until it hurts and our heart grows and we can love even more.
to do the ordinary as if it were extraordinary.
to accept who you are and what you are called to be and moving towards it.
to find the good in every situation.
 to be content with what you have.
to put others first.
to share joy.
to be joyful.
 
This year I am going to focus on being thankful for the joy I have already received, finding joy in the every day, and spreading joy to those I love most and every person I come into contact with each day. The daily doings to reach this resolution may vary, but let's start with the simple questions first:
 
Does this live joy?
Does this bring joy?
Does this spread joy?
 
 What word will you live by this 2014?

 
Linking up with all the lovely ladies hosting:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...