Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday Talk: What I Wish I Knew Before I Got Married Reader Appreciation

Happy Tuesday!

As July comes to a close and the end of our month celebrating marriage draws nearer, 
I want to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for reading and sharing this series.
It really means the world to me to have you join me each day.
Thank you.

To celebrate you today, I am sharing some of the advice you have shared with me 
in your comments and posts in our Tuesday Talk link up this month.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did!

 “Marriage is hard work. 
Choosing the right man and choosing to be the right woman is not easy.”   
~ Kara at A Spirit of Simplicity

 "I think the most important thing I learned about marriage is that love is a choice."
~ Sarah of  Foxy's Domestic Side

I have to say the biggest piece of advice I would give: Forgiveness, a must! 
When there is forgiveness, there is no room for resentment and bitterness, the two components of an unhappy marriage, even when two people are living under the same roof.  
~ Michelle of Grammie Time

by Lauren at Sobremesa Stories 
  




“When we finish a hard conversation or walk away from an argument and feel frustrated, we often need to be reminded that our marriage is about more than whatever just unfolded in the living room or kitchen or car ride.  Our marriages are more than the sum total of our good days and our bad days, of our sweet, joyful moments and our all-out arguments.”


by Ruthie at Ruthie's Kozi Kitchen
  


"Marriage is: fun - yet exhausting; conventional - yet atypical; comforting - yet frightening;
 joyful - yet miserable; palatable - yet bitter; sublime - yet ridiculous...
You get the picture. Marriage is a Kaleidoscope of adjectives run amok."


by Diane at Fearless Fruitful Faith


“I think the reason why God waited to create Eve is because He wanted Adam to feel the need for a helper; He wanted Adam to realize God’s perfect plan but by doing so, Adam needed to feel alone first. Only then, when Adam truly felt he needed someone did God create Eve.”


by Sarah at The Life of This Mother




“I was not the joy waiting for him when he got home, as much as I tried to be the "perfect" wife, it wasn't what he needed. He needed me - secure in the Lord, secure in my soul, secure as the woman God had made me to be. He needed a companion, a helpmeet, a lover - not a tearful, overwrought and needy wife.”


by Alexis at Chemistry Cachet




“Deep down, I figured a good looking marine wouldn’t want a long distance relationship, so I kept a nonchalant attitude. We continued to text and talk especially on the weekends. It was amazing how long we could talk on the phone…6 hours was not unusual for us. We had so much in common and never ran out of conversation.”  


 Thank you, sweet ladies!


Now for the Link Up!

Please make sure you link back to at least one of the hosts in your post, sidebar, or party page for the opportunity to be selected for our feature posts or pinned to our board.
Your blog is being shared on our 13 blogs and we would love it if you would return the favor and link back to us (you can grab the button below)! Thanks so much!

 
Waltzing In Beauty

 Check out the Tuesday Talk guidelines here
and check out the features from every week here!

  We'd love to connect with you! Please follow us in some way!


What I Wish I Knew Before I Got Married Series - www.sweetlittleonesblog.com for www.waltzinginbeauty.blogspot.com


Keri - Living In This Season  ~ Christina - Waltzing In Beauty
Tara - Mrs. Coach Sims ~ Lauren - Simply Free
Jess and Katie - Sweet Little Ones ~ Whitney - Polka Dotty Place
Becky - BYBMG ~ Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things

I cannot wait to read your post!
Thanks for stopping by! 


3 comments:

  1. I loved how you wrapped it all up Christina. I enjoyed reading every single one. Gained some insight too. This was a great series and I hope many received tidbits of information and advice to help keep their marriages strong. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love all the random pieces of marriage advice and am so honored to be featured. Thanks for hosting another fun linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the feature this week, Christina! Appreciate it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...