Monday, January 18, 2016

One Little Word

In the past, coming up with resolutions has always been a long process.
The problem wasn't making a list of things I wanted to change in the upcoming year; 
it was narrowing the focus to something obtainable.

A few years ago I was inspired by Anna to choose a word for the year. It has made a world of difference. 
Looking back, not only did the word focus me, but it became a defining factor in how I view that year in my life.

2014: Joy
B proposed and we set off on the joyful journey of preparing for our forever together.

2015: Gratitude
The outpouring of love from family and friends as we prepared for, professed, and lived out our vows 
left nothing but a grateful heart.

And this year?

My one little word for 2016 is:


Why serenity? That seems like an odd choice.

Those same thoughts came to my mind just as quickly as the word itself and the answer.

You can read more about my choice of the word serenity over at Abiding in Grace.

 

1 comment:

  1. I commented over on Sarah's blog about your word...I love it! You and I are so much alike! I was nodding along with everything you said...
    -Jessica, Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...