Monday, December 7, 2015

Currently - December

Happy December!
 
I know this month is going to fly by in a wink of Santa's eye. ;)
I am doing my best to relish each and every aspect of the holidays,
but through a focus on simplicity and the most important things for us and our little family.
 
Here's what I've been up to currently...


Wishing...
for a white Christmas.
I love snow.
There I said it.
I know it's not the most popular opinion these days, but I love it.
 
 
Remembering...
our family tree.

The Family Album table at our wedding. c/o Dustin & Corynn Wedding Photography
 
As B and I discuss baby names,
we've gone back for inspiration and ideas to consider.
Nothing finalized yet, except that we are waiting 
until we hold our little man or lady to seal the deal and name them something fitting.
 
 
Wrapping...
up one year and heading into the next.
December comes with a heavy dose of nostalgia for me.
2015 was full of so many wonderful moments for us - our wedding, honeymoon, new family members, new positions, and, of course, discovering we're expecting.
I'm sad to see this year draw to a close,
but I know 2016 is going to be full of beautiful moments too.
 
 
Baking...
 goodies from my Pinterest board

via
My last baking venture was Monica's Cinnamon Roll Cake.
I didn't have the sour cream or baking powder it called for so I substituted greek yogurt for the cream and a baking soda - yogurt combo for the powder.
I think it messed with the density and the cake was heavier than I expected.
I also need to work on my swirling technique.
The cinnamon swirl could have been better distributed...
but those cinnamon-sugar bites were pretty yummy.
 
Jess' Christmas Cranberry Cake is next on the list!

Christmas Cranberry Cake - Simple and Delicious 6 Ingredient, Made-from-Scratch Holiday Cake Recipe - www.sweetlittleonesblog.com
via

 
 Decorating...
the house in my head.
The only seasonal decoration out so far is our Advent wreath.
I could say that's because we hold fast to the no-Christmas -things-until-Christmas-Eve rule, but it's more focus-on-the-most-important-tasks-at-hand-even-though-all-I-want-to-do-is-trim-the -tree rule.

Linking up with Anne and Jenna for Currently.



4 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea of a family album display for your wedding, that's so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wishing for a white Christmas too, and I loved revisiting the family tree when we were looking at baby names - so fun. Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snow too. My philosophy is that if it's going to be cold, it might as well be snowing! Then at least it's pretty outside. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for little Mercedes Kate or Chrysler Bob to make her/his appearance into the world! As for the cinnamon roll cake, I'm sorry it didn't turn out so great...the greek yogurt was probably an okay substitute for the sour cream (not as rich, but will still keep it moist) but messing around with the leavener definitely would make the cake dense and heavy! Next time I'm in town, we should make something together...although I'm sure you'll have much better things to do like nurse your baby! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...