Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Five Favorites: Mother's Day Edition Volume 5

Every woman, in a way, is a mother some through birth and others through caring.  So here are my five favorite finds inspired by the upcoming holiday that are particularly lovely and feminine.

1.  My mother pointed this necklace out to me when we were shopping a couple weeks ago.  I have wanted to take it home with me ever since.  I love the elegance of the white and gold.  Can you imagine the impact with a white suit?  Le sigh.



2.  As children my father would wake us up early, we would cook up a meal for a queen, and present it to my mother in bed upon a white wicker tray.  The bamboo of this breakfast in bed tray gives it a modern twist.


3.  I love this idea of turning a loved one's signature into a unique piece of jewelry.



4.  This is a wonderful idea of how to honor the women in your life that mother in a different way.  Putting an attribute of the special lady on the flower stem reminds me of this quote from the film Harvey, "You know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful."


5.  The quote on the cover of this notebook makes it a perfect gift for an inspiring woman: "She makes the room brighter.  She leaves a little sparkle whereever she goes."






 Thanks for hosting again, Grace and enjoy your family time, Hallie!

2 comments:

  1. I love these! Especially that necklace idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? I think this would be great to do with the signature of someone special who has passed away.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...