Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Five Favorites Volume 9

 Happy Wednesday! 

Hallie beat me to the idea of five favorite blog posts for the link up today.  Imitation is the best form of flattery, so I’m sticking with my plan.  Here are five posts that put a smile on my face this week.  

---1---
 
Conversations withJulia 
 
by Grace at Camp Patton

If you have never read one of Grace’s Conversations with Julia posts you must head to the Camp right away! Sorry for adding to your distractions for the day, because you can’t just read one. Like a preview?

While Simon was watching her ...  
Julia: tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum  
Simon:  
Julia: tantrum tantrum tantrum tantrum  
Simon:  
Julia: (walks away) I just havin' a tough time

And there’s trouble in River City. 

Grace, you have one smart cookie on your hands! 

--- 2 --- 

Ugga Mugga! (with aside of Peach Kuchen)

 by Monica at A Beautiful Mess

My dear friend Monica writes such fun posts about what is going on in her household and wraps them up with a great recipe.  I want to try everything she posts about, but currently my cooking is more impromptu and in the form of cookies (yes, Monica, I’m back to cookie making to deal with stress or run away from it…).  Her post this week about deciphering her son’s growing vocabulary was so sweet. I was not sure how the Peach Kuchen would fit into the story at first, but I loved how she tied it all together. 

--- 3 ---

Of Peter Pan and Captain Hook

 by Natalie at Nat the Fat Rat

Natalie’s writing is an inspiration to me.  True to her abilities her book announcement is full of great tidbits.  I love children’s books! And have a special place in my heart for Peter Pan.

Clap your hands if you believe in fairies! 
Oh to be able to capture the beauty of childlike faith in such a way! 

Her use of quotes from the book and description of her own love of children’s literature touched me.

---4---

Stop Guarding Your Heart and Start Paying Attention to Reality

 by Christina at The Evangelista

Christina makes some great points about being open to love while staying in touch with reality.  From personal experience and/or the experiences of ladies I love, her tips on boys are one hundred percent right on.
A truly interested guy will not let wild horses drag him away.
---5---
 
Sausage, Egg & Biscuits Recipe 

by Natalie at The Busy Budgeting Mama

I would be remiss if I did not share my cousin’s post of a family favorite recipe.  This recipe is so easy! You can have a batch of warm fluffy biscuits on the table in twenty minutes tops.  Of course, the biscuits and gravy never taste as good as when they come out of my grandmother’s kitchen. 
Yum!


Five Favorites, hosted at MoxieWife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...