Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Questions of the Heart; Answers of Real Women Edition 6

I am thrilled to introduce you to another good friend for a new edition of Questions of the Heart.
 
 
I first met Rachel through her cousin, a very close friend of mine from college.  After college and moving back to my home town, I was fortunate to have a great group of girlfriends all the in the same boat- single, working full time, waiting for Mr. Right, and trying to live a good life.  Rachel was a welcome addition to our little group when she moved in with her big sis.  These girls have been such a blessing and we all have had some great times together.
  
Yep, I was Bieber Fever for Halloween.
 
Sweet is probably the word everyone would use when describing Rachel.  But this girl's also got some spunk!  She has a great smile and when she blushes, oh when she blushes, you just cannot help but love her even more!  Rachel's kind, easy going, and feminine nature can be seen from her thought filled posts on R-Fog-Blog.  Make sure to stop by and say hello.
 


Questions of the Heart; Answers of Real Women

by Rachel

 
What makes a beautiful woman?
 
I think a beautiful woman is one who realizes her intrinsic beauty and her femininity that has been given her by God, and lives this femininity with virtue, etiquette, and grace.
 
What makes you feel beautiful?
 
Taking the time to accessorize my outfits with jewelry and cute shoes (yep, I love me some cute shoes), as well as taking a little extra time to apply mascara, eye liner and lipstick.  I also feel beautiful when I can serve others and when I am constructively productive.  Outer beauty aids inner beauty and vice versa.
 
What has had the greatest impact on how you view yourself and encouraged you to be yourself?
 
The boundless love and mercy of God has had the greatest impact on me.  The love and encouragement from family and friends has helped me believe in myself and helped me to relax when I get caught up in the minutia.
 
What is your beauty go-to for the days when you feel anything but beautiful?
 
Listening to my favorite songs on the radio or to my own music collection, prayer, practicing my free-throw for basketball, playing piano, and putting on a cute outfit...with heels of course ;)
 
What would you like to share with other women to encourage them to recognize their value and to be beautiful?
 
I would encourage other women to fear not.  Be confident.  God made us the way we are for a reason, hence there is just one of each of us.  A Bible "go to" verse that helps me is Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."  He fills the space when we feel lacking.
 
Thank you so much, Rachel!  I hope I didn't make you blush too much.
 
For more answers from real women check out the posts from Monica, Melinda, Emily, Anna, and Tess.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...