Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Five Favorites Volume 12

Jenni at Story of My Life initiated Blogtember with a month’s worth of weekday post prompts and a daily link up. I’m jumping in a day late, so I’ll catch up this weekend. These prompts are creative, simple, and most importantly, inspiring!
Check them out and join in when you like.
 
Today’s prompt: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?
 
The idea of having three whole months to just do whatever my heart desired is such an intoxicatingly tempting thought. This thought has entered my mind a few times and depending on my mood I have two rather different inclinations. Part of me would love to have the time off from obligations to be able to enjoy the things I already have/do. I am talking about three months of leisurely morning coffees, working out every day, dancing, doing one deep cleaning task a day, re-decorating, and getting everything in order so that when the return to responsibilities comes I am in a good spot. The other part of me wants to escape myself and do all the things that I have thought about, but just have never tried. This side of me desires to pack a small bag of the absolute essentials, hop on a jet plan, tour the world, and try new things along the way. The second scenario is a bit more exciting to dream about (probably because I know that the first is an obtainable goal with a lot of good hard work and some adaptions, such as not shunning all responsibilities…darn).
 
Seeing that it is Wednesday and I am actually writing a post, I cannot forsake dear Hallie and not join in on Five Favorites. So the two shall become one this week and my Five Favorites will highlight my top five destinations on my three month vacation. Enjoy reading this happy little union.
 
---1---
 
Spain
 
Barcelona, Spain
 
Carrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
 
Ever since a friend showed me pictures of his visit to the Sagrada Familia, I have wanted to see it. Designed by Antoni Gaudi, this unfinished Basilica has several facades, each with their own style depicting the different stages of the life of Christ. Everything about it is fascinating: the architecture, the artwork, the unfinished status, the story of its development and long construction process, etc. I would love to see it in person one day.
 
via
 
---2---
 
India
 
The colors, sounds, and smells of India are so enticing to me. There is a sense of mystery about India to me that I want to go and discover.
 

via

 
---3---
 
Italy
 
I have been blessed to visit Italy twice and my world tour would not be complete without it. There is just something about it that I feel so very at home, despite being oversees. I have never been to any of the islands, so I think the first place I would visit would be Venice.
 
via
 
---4---
 
Austria
 
The green grass, fields, mountains, valleys, and quaint towns that I have seen in pictures of Austria are beautiful. The Sound of Music Tour also is a perk.
via

---5---
 
Alaska
 
My grandparents toured Alaska years ago and ever since have been telling us that it is something we all must experience. The grandeur and the beauty of my own home country is something that I would not want to miss on my visit.
 
via
 
Where would you go if nothing was holding you back?
 
Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I've been to Austria, and it is lovely. I've never lived in a state with mountains, but it was just so thrilling to look up in an ordinary parking lot and think "Climb Ev'ry Mountain."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fantastic! I think I would have been humming the soundtrack non-stop if I were there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...