Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Smiles Volume 10

This weekend as my niece cried over the latest tragedy to befall on her young life, I was reminded of a picture from a favorite childhood series.
 

via

 

Little Critter

 
The cover tells the story of the book. Little Critter's little sister just wants to be with him. She wants to do all that he does, see all that he sees, and be all that he is, because she loves and looks up to him.
 
The other books in the series are just as charming in their simple depiction of the facets of childhood. Me Too! will always be my favorite.  I was the little sister hanging onto every word or thing my older sister said or did or literally hanging on to her.
She was everything I wanted to be. She was (and is) the greatest big sister.
 
Being able to return to these books with my sister's children is such fun. And now my own experience combined with my little niece crying, "Me too!" makes this favorite book even more dear.
 
Because the ultimate cure for the Monday blues is 
something that will make you smile and grateful for what you have.  
These things make me smile and hopefully they will make you smile too.
What makes you smile today?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...