Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Smiles Volume 7

Have you ever had the experience of growing to love something because it is loved by someone special to you? Maybe you liked it, but because of that person you see it with new eyes, it captures your fancy even more, and the thing, in a way, becomes synonymous with the person. That has been my experience with what is making me smile today.
 

Giraffes

 
In the animal kingdom, giraffes have always been pretty high on the list of favorites for me (pun not intended). Then my boyfriend and I went to the zoo. He loves giraffes.  Consequently, my love for them has grown and I cannot see a giraffe without thinking of him.
Before I might see something with a giraffe theme or print and think it was neat and if done well I would really like it and may purchase it. Now I will get excited, start smiling, take a picture and text it to B, and have the uncontrollable urge to buy it.
I want all the things.

What is it about giraffes?

They are so incredibly unique.
They require multiple adjectives.

Their lanky legs and long neck give the appearance of a klutzy creature. In fact, they are rather surefooted and ever so graceful. This grace of movement gives them a peaceful and gentle demeanor that is just so relaxing to view. Yet, this grace does not even begin to demonstrate their strength.

Gentleness, grace and strength, I admire these qualities in people and I think it is what draws me to the giraffe.

B likes them because they are tall (among other reasons of course). Something I can only relate to through an opposite life-experience.










via


 
Because the ultimate cure for the Monday blues is 
something that will make you smile and grateful for what you have.  
These things make me smile and hopefully they will make you smile too.
What makes you smile today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...