Thursday, August 8, 2013

We Two...

 
...on a date.
 
"You still go on dates. I need a good idea to surprise my husband with a date."
This was the conversation starter from a friend of mine. I laughed, but what she said was true. I am still in the dating stage of life and all time spent together is 'scheduled' so to speak.
 
There are a plethora of blog posts discussing the importance of dating your spouse, etc. I do not plan to add anything new to them. But I do agree. Spending time focused on being with the other person is important in all relationships. Date night should not be overlooked because you see someone often. Yes, you are physically present in the same spot, but are you really focused on growing and strengthening your relationship with them? 
 
A date is like a gift. You give your time and attention to the other and in turn it builds the bond between you. For me, it gives me a much desired opportunity to get dressed up just for my guy. This makes me feel beautiful, cherished, and secure. It also allows me to learn more about him. That he is really spontaneous where as I am not, for example. A date is also like a mini-adventure,
just between we two. 
 
My friend's question also pointed me to something else. Coming up with date ideas is something that I am good at. It is something I can share. It is something that I am always on the look out for and enjoy reading about, so that is what I intend to do with a new little series. Some may be tried and true, but I do hope to share something that may inspire you to have your own date night.
And I won't complain if it helps with planning ours.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...