Wednesday, February 22, 2017

With Grit & Grace: March Goals

Oh, February! You do this to me every time. You creep up on me ever so slowly in January and then you pounce and just as suddenly as you appeared you hide away again. You are like a jack-in-a-box, dear February. Despite the fleetness of the month, February is one of my favorites. It is our last official full month of winter. And sometimes, like this year, it is the start of hints of spring weather. I also cannot deny that my favor may have something to do about my birthday in the middle of the month, but honestly, "Aren't I lucky to have been born in my favorite [month]?" (Meet Me in St. Louis)

I made great strides in my February goals. Not only did I only make two real goals for the month, but from the get go I told myself I was going for growth not perfection. Perfection was achieved in growth, but not necessarily completion.

February Goals Recap:
- Weekly Meal Planning
I made a meal plan 2 out of the 3 weeks that have passed so far. It is Wednesday and I have yet to plan this week's meals, but there is still time to redeem myself! And I think I'll give myself a B in carrying out the plans. The meals were made eventually, but most often not on the day I originally planned. Gauging leftovers is something I need to work on too. Some meals provided enough to spare for 3-4 extra meals. This is a happy accident, because it means less cooking! I plan to work on freezing a bit more to use throughout the month.

Breakfast was a choice of eggs, Mock Oatmeal, or Protein Shake for me; the hubby stuck with his daily cereal and the baby had oatmeal with fruit or yogurt. Lunches were mostly leftovers, canned soup, or sandwiches. Dinners are where I put the most effort. This month I made a few staples, like Stuffed Peppers or Pancakes; but mostly have been trying out some old family recipes I haven't made in a good while, like Biscuits and Gravy; and new to us recipes, like Pear Turkey Burgers.

- Get Active
I think I get a B+ in this area. I have made more of an effort to get out of the house to walk, but with the cold weather that has meant walking stores and that requires a lot of self discipline to not come out with a few unplanned purchases, but I plan on using those handweights towards fulfilling this goal better! The Spring weather this week has made reaching this goal even easier. Our little guy loves being outside!

March Goals:
Our boy turns one at the end of March (how is that even possible?)! We will be blessed to have all of our parents, grandparents, and siblings in town to celebrate the event so we are putting our focus on the house this month in addition to growing in our habits from the past two months. My plan is to create a master list of everything we would like to have accomplished prior to our guests' arrival and each day do at least one of those items.
- Daily Goal
- Continue: Weekly Meal Planning, Increase Activity, and Getting dressed each day.




Your Hosts
Christina
Blog // Instagram // Twitter /
Pinterest
Keri
Blog // Instagram // Facebook 
// Twitter // Pinterest 
How about you? Do you make goals? If so I would love for you to join Keri and I for With Grit and Grace where we focus on supporting each other as we work towards our goals! 
Just a reminder…

  • We are all about building a positive community; please remember to read, comment, and share the posts of others- and let them know you found them at With Grace & Grit.
  • All forms of goal or intentional living posts are welcome. They can be for a specific area in your life, or your general goals for the day, week, month, or year. We love to hear updates on your progress, too.
  • Make sure to use the URL specific to your post and not your blog’s home page.
  • Link back to With Grit & Grace with our button or link in your post or party page.
  • Comment on the post prior to yours in the link-up. Support others through comments and shares– don’t forget to tell them you found them at With Grit & Grace.
  • By linking up, you give us permission to feature an image on our blog and social media. Proper credit and links will be given.
  • Join in on social media with: #withgritandgrace
  • We want to support you! Please follow your hosts in some way




Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...