Friday, April 12, 2013

7 Quick Takes or Joining the Camp Volume 9

Thanks for hosting the Quick Takes, Grace!
 
1.  Congratulations to Jen and family on Joseph!  I'm praying that everyone will be blessed with good health and be able to go home soon.
 
2.  One of mydearest friends from college was at Notre Dame this weekend with her husbandand son.  So B and I made the trip up to visit Sarah and Scott and meet little Luke for the first time. 
 

I was so happy for B to meet them and vice versa.  He and Luke hit it off.
 

I had not seen Sarah and Scott since their wedding.  Three hours was simply not enough to make up for the past three years.  Hopefully it won't be as long before our next visit.  I miss you!

3. Saturday we met up with my former danceinstructor and his lovely wife. They aremoving to New York City to pursue their dreams of design and theatre. They are such a delightful couple and I am sohappy to see what the future holds for them.

 
4.  This weekend was unusually warm and I lovedevery second of sunshine and being able to break out the spring wardrobe.  Unfortunately the cold has returned along with the air conditioning in the office. Welcome to the ice box.
 
I remember when you could see the sun...
 
My co-workers are simply the best. Due to the lovely weather we decided to order Jimmy John’s. As you know they are “freaky fast,” so we decided to time them. The advertisments are true! They had our order delivered in the same amount of time it would have taken us to walk the block to their store.
 
5.  Blue Moon is best served with a slice of freshorange.  My waitress shared my opinionthat the orange makes a difference and thought maybe orange juice might be areplacement for their lack of fresh oranges. It’s ok if you are desperate, butfresh oranges are key.
 
 
6.  Do you follow Project Runway?  My schedule has not allowed me to be a true dedicatedviewer, but I have been able to make time to watch the final few episodes.  Yesterday’s episode sent the designers toseveral European countries for inspiration and renewed my desire to see the Sagrada Familia in person.  The architectureis amazing!
 
 
7.  My chocolate wrapper just informed me that my smile, "lights up the room."  *blushes*
 

Happy weekend!


 


 



 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...