Friday, April 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes or Signs of Spring Volume 10

1.  Spring is finally here! and with it the rain, but between the raindrops the daffodils hint at the sun to come.  Daffodils always remind me of home and my mother.  Each spring our garden would be full of daffodils and Daffodowndilly would be read before bed.


She wore her yellow sun-bonnet,
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind 
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
"Winter is dead."
 ~ A.A. Milne

2.  Spring also welcomes the annual Vera Bradley outlet sale.  Growing up in the home of Vera Bradley I had heard tales of long lines, rude crowds, mad grabbing of merchandise, and amazing low prices.  This was my first time at the sale and I was happy to find some great buys without the drama.  It was even more fun going with my lovely sisters.



3.  Being a part time student while working full time can be taxing.  Balancing work, family, friends, and school is tough.  The reality of my final exam in July, really hit home this week.  This combined with the rainy weather called for some comfort food.  Cheese biscuits (an adaptation of my grandmother's family famous  recipe) = easy and rewarding.



4.  Essie's magnetic nail polish collection caught my eye on a Target run.  This concept was so intriguing that I completely forgot about the item I came for, but I left a happy customer with something fun to try.

Apply two coats to one nail (you have to do one nail at a time so the polish is wet for the next step- I learned through trial and error).  Then hold the magnetic cap as close to your nail as possible and the polish forms the design from the lid on your nail.  Ta da!

sssssexy

5.  Dove's new real beauty video is a must see!  You may want to grab a box of tissues first.


6.  B is out of town for his annual Spring guys weekend with a friend from high school.  So I'm taking care of his fishes.  Meet the four angel fish, three platys, two catfish, one sword-tail and Miguel the Plecostomus.  I've been banned from naming the fish for fear of the fatal name curse...if I keep the names in my head it doesn't count, right?


7.  Last but not least, Happy birthday to my brother!  He has grown into such a talented and nice young man.  It's hard to believe he's no longer the little boy with blonde curls.  I'm so very proud of him.  

Drummer Boy

Now join Grace and the others over at the Camp.  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...