Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Five Favorites

Linking up with Hallie of Moxie Wife and her guest host Jen of Conversion Diary for my first Five Favorites. Prayers for both of them as they await the arrival of new additions to their families.

Here are my five favorites this week:


1.  After a busy Easter weekend I am longing for a day to stay in my pjs and do absolutely nothing productive.  Ever since I was a little girl I have loved nightgowns.  Then peer pressure set in and anything too girly was out.  Well now that I am free to be myself, I am returning to my prefered sleepwear. There is something so feminine and elegant about nightgowns.  Slip one on and I instantly feel pretty.  Gilligan O'Malley at Target provides the perfect combination of super soft fabric with fun and pretty styles.  On a stay at home day just throw your hair in a top knot, dab on tinted moisturizer and any unplanned guests will think you are super stylish. 

Gilligan & O'Malley® Women's Racerback Maxi Sleep Dress - Assorted Colors
 Why yes, I am always this put together.


2.  Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is one of my absolute favorite musicals!  I was super excited to pick it up in a DVD set with three other wonderful shows.  They really should have called this the Howard Keele collection because he's the main male character in all of them.

TCM Greatest Classic Films: Broadway Musicals DVD


3.  It's Clinique gift week at Macy's!  Time to go and pick up my favorite mascara!

High Impact Mascara

I have super sensitive eyes and Clinique has been the only mascara I have been able to wear without tearing up and basically negating the point of mascara.  A bit more pricey than general store brands, the free gift and the amount of wear I get out of the mascara makes the investment worth it.

4.  After my car accident I took an extended break from the kitchen painting project which I've picked up again this week.  Now that all the walls have a coat of paint on them I am enjoying the new color more and more.  I felt an extra sense of pride when I saw that Young House Love's kitchen is a similar color scheme.
Pinned Image
Benjamin Moore: Yarmouth Blue

5.  If you haven't noticed yet, I love quotes.  So a list of favorites would not be complete without a favorite quote from the week.  A conversation with my almost three year old niece:

C: Aunt Astina my strawberry is SO BIG!
Christina: That strawberry is bigger than your nose.
C: It's bigger den my daddy's nose!
Christina: It is so big it could be the nose for a snowman.
C: Yes...No.  It is not a carrot.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful shade of blue. Cant wait to see pictures.
    I LOVE Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. My favorite musical of all time. What a fabulous DVD set. I will have to check that out.
    This is my first visit to your blog. I can't wait to come back.
    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter, Mary! Hopefully the kitchen will be presentable enough for pictures soon. I love meeting people who have heard about Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, let alone love it! It's just so good. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. I saw those night gowns at target too, very cute! Love me some good musicals too, one of my favs is showboat and calamity jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make Believe is my favorite song from Showboat. I don't think I have seen Calamity Jane. I will have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your thoughts! I respond mostly by e-mail so make sure you're not a no reply blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...